Thursday 7 July 2011

Library Science Terms That Sound Dirty

From McSweeney's, Library Science Jargon That Sounds Dirty. I am pleased to report I know what most of these terms refer to, though clearly the second year in my program is necessary because I do not know all of them.

Favourites:
  1. Technical service
  2. Information package
  3. Full entry

I do not know what the flip a Warwick framework is and am actually too lazy to Google it.

I am also sad I didn't keep a record of random strange Library of Congress headings we ran across while searching up answers for our classification class. They were classy. Someone always found something good in those, at least in my immediate area, and we would promptly share with others. Or at least the lovely young woman to my immediate right and the dude behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment