Monday 5 September 2011

Thing 12 - Putting the Social Into Social Media

Oh. My. Gosh.

Over a month without updates, that is crazy. I did this daily. What?

Work started, and for the first couple of weeks I was adjusting to that. Generally, when I got home I just didn't want to update the blog. I would think about it guiltily sometimes, especially on weekends, but that was about it. I'm so lax! Whoa!

Anyway, I have some time now on beautiful, beautiful Labour Day, so I'll write up some posts and queue them up. Maybe.

Putting the Social Into Social Media: Are we still talking about this? Okay. Yes, social media and CPD23 has put me into light contact with people I would not have otherwise met, mostly British people. Which is cool, I like British people! How 'bout that wedding earlier this summer, eh? For people in my city, not so much. I'm a little more shy about poking my virtual head out with people I might actually work with, something I should probably get over but I do manage to meet some people at live events.

I don't really like the idea of adding people to follow just to add people to follow: it's a signal to noise ratio thing. I still find that being so new means I don't even know what questions to ask yet. As I get more experience in the workplace (I am looking forward to this year's fieldwork program), I know I'll have more to ask about.

No comments:

Post a Comment