Thursday 23 June 2011

10 Funny Teen Books

Having mentioned the discussion regarding a Wall Street Journal article about the darkness of teen literature a couple of times, I was happy to run across Don Calame's Top 10 Funny Teen Boy Books.

When I'm on tour I'm regularly asked for the titles of funny books that might appeal to teenage boys. It's not an easy question to answer because, while there are a plethora of dark, supernatural, dystopian, vampire-werewolf-zombie-angel romance novels lining the shelves of the teen sections in shops and libraries, when it comes to humour - and boy humour in particular - the pickings tend to be slim.

Still, there are some very funny teen boy books out there (that will also appeal to girls, by the way). The best ones I've read so far appear on the list below. I've rounded out the list with a few books that aren't specifically YA, but I'm of the opinion that a good read is a good read no matter where someone decides it should be shelved.

I never had a problem identifying with male protagonists in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment