Friday 10 May 2013

Book recommendation: Don't make me think, Steve Krug

The instructor of my Library Software class had a few book recommendations for us when we began. At the time, I was also taking a Reader's Advisory class, so most of my reading time was spent on books I'd selected for that. I got the e-book of Steve Krug's Don't make me think and kept it until I could choose what I was reading again.

I F'd my blog a little more. It was always pretty F'd up. 
This is a great book! If you are at all interested in web design or in software, grab this book and give it a read. It's not long - the author stated he wanted to write a book that could be read during one plane ride - and it's pretty funny, or at least I think so. The concept is pretty simple: web navigation should be as easy and intuitive as possible; don't make the user slow down to think. I'm not finished it yet, but I've already made a small change on this site because of this book: I've changed the colours of the links so they're brighter and more obvious. I'm pretty happy with the rearranged sidebar, too, though I shifted that around before reading the book - that was a result of one of the LS classes, too, which touched on the F-layout design.

No comments:

Post a Comment