Wednesday 1 May 2013

40 books you won't be able to put down

From the Half Price Books blog, 40 books you won't be able to put down. At a quick glance, this looks like a blog for a chain of used book stores. The website looks pretty active. I wonder if they see more business due to their dedication to their website? Books on the list I had a hard time putting down:
  • Card, Orson Scott - Ender's Game
  • Collins, Suzanne - The Hunger Games
  • Goldman, William - The Princess Bride
  • Larsson, Stieg - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
  • Larsson, Stieg - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  • Stockett, Kathryn - The Help
Books I would add to the list:
  • Irving, John - A Prayer for Owen Meany: Longtime favourite once suggested to me by an English teacher I had in high school. Best book recommendation I've ever had. She was spot on.
  • Russell, Maria Doria - The Sparrow: Oh wow. By the last few chapters I could not put it down. Could not, would not. I actually pulled an all-nighter to finish this book. This is one of my all-time favourite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment